Monday, July 12, 2010

Hiatus

After 2 weeks of not posting, I find myself feeling rather guilty! I've been working through my issues though, and over the past few days have been complimenting strangers. Without documentation. Just to do it.

Friday was a big SHOE day. Everywhere I looked, there were women with really fantastical shoes. I was nearly on overload. And either everyone was in a great mood (why not? It WAS Friday, after all), or people are just more receptive to compliments about their shoes than anything else. Everyone that I complimented seemed to appreciate the recognition of their style-sense.

I'd like to give at least partial credit to Andrea Victory of super-cute-pink-H&M-clutch fame (post: Technical Difficulties, June 8th). She found her way to my blog last week, and commented on my post about her. I guess it was JUST the compliment from a stranger that I needed to get my motivation back!

I will be out and about today, looking for people to compliment. I'm still considering a change of pace - doing it every day got strangely stressful - and I've yet to decide what it will be, but I'm working on that. Maybe 2-3 posts from me each week, maybe multiples per post... or maybe I'll compliment multiple people on days that I'm really into it, and archive them for the days when I just can't muster up a conversation....

Regardless, I want to keep this going. Any suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment