Monday, March 28, 2011

Matchy-Matchy

It is time, once again my dear friends, that I call on you for your advice.

Much like when buying a new suite of living room furniture, I continuously struggle with the concept of the "matchy-matchy" when I am tapped to attend an event in tandem with my oh-so-handsome (and oh-so-hard-to-fit-in-a-suit) boyfriend.

My friend Marissa and Shawn are finally tying the knot.  It seems that the exciting event has crept up on me far too quickly, and I'm struggling to find the perfect outfit.  As the day-of acting wedding planner/coordinator, I feel most comfortable wearing pants, for those occasions where I need to get down on my knees to fluff a dress or climb a ladder to fix a faulty chandelier.  BUT this is the first wedding that I've been responsible for where I'm actually an invited guest as well!

After two days of laboriously searching, we managed to find a gorgeous suit for my man: a dark navy Calvin Klein Slim-Fit suit.  Thank the fashion gods!  Being the colour-freak that he is, my boyfriend has elected to wear a COBALT blue button down, and a GOLD tie.  I love that boy.

I managed to find a super sexy pair of cobalt blue sky-high heels to wear as a nod to his ensemble...
HELLO.
But now my issue is this:  I was planning to wear the black jumpsuit that I ordered from www.asos.com late last week (that I didn't tell Sheila about!)- assuming it arrives in time.


But it's BLACK.  And his suit is NAVY.  Dark enough navy that I had originally thought it black.  Am I wrong to think that we need to MATCH vs. Coordinate?  Can I rock the black and cobalt, while he does Navy and Cobalt?

Such a dilemma....

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment