Friday, March 11, 2011

Planification

With the recent addition of a second wardrobe (my boyfriend moved in with me!), I find myself once again feeling the crunch to ATTEMPT to edit my wardrobe and make some room.  For his stuff.  And maybe some new stuff for SS11!?  Sheila and I are going to get together so that she can keep me going in the right direction.  She's like my fashion fairy godmother.  Even though she's almost a whole year younger than me.

So I'm thinking about what my closet really needs... thought this would be a good forum to think out loud (or in writing) and maybe get some feedback.

  • black dresspants - a necessary evil, and mine need to be replaced
  • black blazer - I've got a few cute ones
  • tan/camel colored chinos - these have been on my shopping list for a while
  • the perfect LBD - I still haven't managed to find one that I can wear to the office AND/or to a wedding AND/or out on weekend with a cute jean jacket
  • speaking of which, a cute jean jacket - Have one from the GAP from 6 or so years ago, but it needs some tailoring to really look great on me
  • jeans - a given, but I've got LOTS
  • white linen pants - I've got a cropped pair...think that's good for the summer
  • skirt - I picture tulip skirts (I have a dress that I've never worn that could be modified), but I've got a couple that might work
  • dress shirts - I've got a few, could always use more since I'm in an office 5 days a week
  • graphic t's/tanks - might be nice to add a couple just to keep it fresh
  • PRINTS!  COLOURS!  - I want so desperately to embrace the neons and brights of the season
That's basically my list right now.  I have some great shorts, simple cotton dresses and standard summer wardrobe fare.  Just want a few things to punch it up a little, and maybe up the quality as well.


Then there's the whole issue of upgrading my boyfriend's wardrobe.  I used to think it was so EASY for men to dress themselves...but when Jeans and a T-shirt don't cut it (or your boyfriend loves colours, patterns, prints etc), it makes things a little more difficult!

What are your - or your man's - SS11 must haves?

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment