Friday, February 11, 2011

Bikinis and Brrrr...

I'll admit it - my vacation has absorbed much of my frontal lobe as of late...  Good thing Sheila is here to keep me in the here and now!

And really, as much fun as I've had shopping online for bikinis, coverups and maxi dresses this week (don't tell my boss!), I think it's high time I did a throwback to the original purpose of this blog!  Strangers with style!

I ducked out of the office yesterday morning to hit the grocery store for some greek yogourt (thanks to Dr. Oz, you can almost ONLY find it on shelf restocking days!), and got stuck walking behind a VERY tiny, little old lady.  While my initial reaction was to grumble about her slow paced saunter across Yonge and Eglinton in the viciously cold wind, I couldn't help but smile...  At all of maybe 4'3" tall, this lady was rocking a GORGEOUS deep caramel brown fur coat, and a chocolate brown wide brimmed felt hat and giant sunnies.  Granny was stylin.  I complimented her on her outfit once we'd crossed the street, and told her I wished that I'd had the confidence to wear a fur coat.  "You're tall enough to wear whatever you want!"  At 5'1", "tall" is not a word usually used in reference to ME!

Sadly, I didn't have my camera on me, and I'm not sure I could have explained the concept of a blog to her - it was so cold! - but granny had it going on, and I think we BOTH walked away with smiles (frozen) on our faces!

ilikeyourstyle!

Mandy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment