Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Come sail away....

Hmmm...as I write out my list of things that I plan to put in my suitcase at some point this week, I'm noticing a trend.  While the Glamourai (www.theglamourai.com) has a penchant for all things polka dot, I seem to have filled my summery wardrobe with...*cue ominuous music *...STRIPES!

Of course, the whole nautical theme is always a big one for Spring and Summer - it's classic, timeless...but when is too much too much?

I think it all started last year when Sheila and I took a VERY critical look at my wardrobe, and one of the pieces that was brought in was a t-shirt from H&M with grey and white stripes.  I've worn it approximately 1,243,492.884 times since I bought it, wish I'd bought it in every colour available, and don't know what I'll do when it becomes unwearable.  And it seems to have had a very strong influence on subsequent sartorial endeavours.

So of course, as I pack my virtual suitcase, that t-shirt makes the cut, as does my navy and white striped skirt (also H&M, from that same session with Sheila...), a navy and white striped tee (H&M - speaking of patterns!), a black and white striped tank (Costa Blanca)...Considering I'm only going for 7 days, I should be careful that I mix it up!!

Maybe I'll take some pictures of my oh-so-eclectic (NOT!) selections later this evening...I need to sort out whether I'm packing things that will work together, or just packing things that I love.  There is nothing worse than going away, and despite having a full suitcase - which is ALWAYS the case - not having a single thing to wear!

Got any packing tips for me?

xo
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment