Thursday, February 10, 2011

You can dress 'em up...

Today's post is inspired by my lover-ly friend, Alyssa.  She sent me a link to an adorable little cocktail dress that she loves, which got me thinking... Do you bring dressy clothes with you when you go on vacation?  If you do, how many options do you bring?  I'm an infamous chronic-overpacker!

Many all-inclusive resorts have a la carte restos that claim to enforce a dresscode.  While this tends to mean that the men have to wear shirts, and everyone wears shoes (as opposed to the anything goes mentality of the all-day buffet on the beach), I typically bring long flowy dresses, and adorable little above-the-knee/strapless numbers for my dinners.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect maxi dress to take me from beach to fine dining (11 days from now - the countdown is on!), but I have to admit, this one that Alyssa sent me is pretty cute, and I looooove the colour!  ...although, I'm not sure that silk is the best choice for uber-hot weather!


So what do you pack for fancy-feasting abroad?  Got any ideas for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment