Thursday, February 10, 2011

We all wish for summer

Brief post in response to Amanda's. I'm no summer expert; my summer wardrobe is non glamorous and very simple. To me, summer is about layering because everywhere you go its either air conditioned or stifling hot. Wear a simple base, and then accessorize around it.

Jessica Simpson has long been in need of some assistance in the wardrobe department, that is, if she'd like it. By no means would I ever impose on someone. Go wild, wear what you'd like. However, she DOES have a multi-million dollar fashion empire (I think Forbes said she raked in $750 mil last year) on her hands so, in a way, maybe she should dress for her body. That been said, I love her clothes when she's lounging about with no makeup on.


I know... McQueen is a bit much for the beach. BUT envision it without the train, without the length, without the crazy makeup. A little belt never hurt anyone in your mission to step it up a notch for dinner. Nor did a grandpa cardigan (I'm thinking grey, or perhaps a beige to bring out your tan from the days events) with it for when the sun goes down. Nor did hemming it shorter, say mid calf for those who it would work for.


I love this black dress. Super simple, I'm positive I could make it myself and I don't even know how to sew. Obviously it's not for everyone, but if you're confident in a bikini, have at it in a stretchy little number like this that you can funk up with some crazy jewelry, some beach hair, and some killer shoes that you're missing whilst it's a freaking freezer outside.



Just a maxi dress, but still...looks sharp with her casual heels. And clean. and not like she's going to pick up her dog from the groomers. (Oops, her dog died. sorry...)

So all in all, rock a little print if you want, use your accessories to bring your style to the level of personal style, and bring in some versatility by layering according to weather appropriateness.

S.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment