Thursday, June 3, 2010

And we're off!


Today may not have been the ideal first day in the trenches for my little experiment. Any normal person would have thought to herself, "self, the day you get your wisdom teeth out is NOT going to be a day that you'll want to talk to strangers"...Good thing I'm not any normal person!


I've started off small. There is a man who lives just a few houses away from me, who I've walked past a hundred (or more) times. He has a beautiful, lush garden that covers his entire front lawn. I envy his patience, and his green thumb. He happened to be standing out on the sidewalk, working on his garden this afternoon when I walked by.


I walked about 5 feet past him, turned around and told him "Your garden is always so beautiful!" All he said was "Thank You" as he smiled and went back to work. As far as I'm concerned, day 1 has been a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment