Sunday, June 6, 2010

Taking the show on the road - Saturday

I'm spending this weekend with my parents back home, after getting my hair cut. Yes, I drive out of Toronto back to the small town world that I grew up in to get my hair done by a long time friend. Much as I love being a small town girl, there's not much that brings me back TO that small town these days, especially since my parents come to see me in the city so often.

But I digress.

I knew this would be a challenge. I spent a good chunk of my day in the car, and then another while hanging out at the house with my parents. I decided to go out with an old friend, and we went to the next town over to grab a drink and chat. I was worried that I wasn't going to have any sincere compliments to throw out there. Coming from Toronto, this certainly isn't the most fashion-forward place out there...

But I found her! At the table next to my friend and I, sat a group of 8 people. 2 of the girls were dressed up rather cute-ly (I'm sure that's not an actual word now that I type it, despite having used it quite regularly in conversations!). Before they got up to leave, I stopped this girl, and complimented her jacket. It was kind of tailored, but oversized at the same time, if that's even possible. It really had a casual, easy, thrown-together feel to it, but still looked like she'd given it a little thought. She thanked me, and had NO issue posing for a picture... then ran off and giggled about it with her girlfriends!

No comments:

Post a Comment