Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shake, rattle & roll!



Where were you this afternoon when Toronto shook? Personally, I was at work. It was like the scene in "Jurassic Park" when they realize that the T-Rex is coming because the water in the glass is shaking. I was on the phone with a friend (hi, Katie!), and first noticed that the water in my water bottle was shaking. THEN I felt my chair shaking, stood up, and the floor was shaking, the blinds on my windows were swinging back and forth...CRAZY! I never would have thought I'd experience an earthquake in Toronto! From what I've seen reported, what we felt was about a 4.0 on the Richter scale.

I went outside to investigate...there were HUNDREDS of people in the streets! This was my chance!

I walked up to a group of guys who work in my building, and said that they seemed like a stylish group of guys - could I ask them a question for my blog? They were hesitant, but obliged. I asked them if they thought it was possible for a woman to compliment them on their style just because she liked their style - and without flirting. They were pretty unanimous that if she keeps walking, then it's probably just a compliment...OR she's a really bad flirt! If she compliments him on his looks, she's probably flirting.

A female coworker of theirs came over, and I asked her if she would ever compliment a random guy if she liked his style. She hesitated, and ultimately said that she probably wouldn't! The guys agreed - it's a lot easier for guys to compliment women than vice versa.

So it's time to shake it up! More man-pliments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment