Thursday, June 17, 2010

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful...


...Ok, so maybe it's a little cliche. But I really do feel like the woman that I complimented today embodied the well-known slogan.

I was stuck. I'd seen several people walk by me, but found myself challenged to actually speak to them. I found myself making excuses - I'll interrupt them, they look like they're in a hurry, there are too many other people around...

Finally, I stepped aside. Rather than walk up and down the street, I decided to let someone come to me. After about 5 minutes (and after listening to the colourful language of a truck driver getting a parking ticket), she came down the street. She didn't have that determined, purposeful, on-a-mission walk. She seemed to be out, just enjoying the beautiful day.

It was the colour of her dress that first caught my attention, but she really exuded this easygoing, happy, comfortable summer day attitude. I managed to catch up to her quickly, and when we were stopped at a light, I told her that I loved her dress. "It's from Guess!" - I LOVE how quickly we women respond to compliments with the details! It was a really great, really simple t-shirt dress, belted at the waist. Minimal accessories, but the outfit was perfect. Not to mention the colour - OH to have the beautiful skin colour that she had! The colour was PERFECT for her.

Not only was her outfit great, but she just seemed to have the lovliest disposition, the most adorable accent and a stunning smile to go along with it. Let's just say, I'm glad that my boyfriend wasn't with me; I think he might have forgotten all about me!

She even went so far as to have me write down the URL for my blog so that she could check it out - so if you've made it here, thanks, and you really did look great today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for you kind words. You really made my day!

    ReplyDelete