Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Technical Difficulties

If you've read my blog from the beginning (and if you haven't, you could probably do it now if you've got 5 minutes), you know that part of what got me started here was the feeling that I was disconnected from the people around me. Today, I realized just how much everyone seems to have plugged-into their gadgets, and unplugged from everyone and everything around them.


I went out at lunch. I complimented a girl with platinum blonde, almost Elvis inspired hair. She didn't hear me - iPod. I complimented a woman in a really great royal blue dress and black patent pumps - nope, cell phone. Another woman had a fantastic graphic printed dress with a belt and kitten heels...but she and her friend were just in too much of a hurry to even realize that I was complimenting her!


After work, I hit Yonge & Eglinton. I was sure that if I hung out there long enough, it would be easy to find someone with style, and even just a spare moment to appreciate that it's....appreciated!


I crossed to the SouthEast corner, and the most adorable, petite, blonde woman was standing there. She was so well put together, but it was her clutch that initially stood out for me. She didn't realize at first that I was speaking to her, but when she did, she smiled, and told me it was from H&M. She had no issue posing for a quick picture, but the real bonus for ME, was that she actually asked about my blog! Not only did she have a moment to soak up the compliment, but she was willing to take the time to interact with me! Finally, someone who isn't afraid to reach back out to a stranger paying a simple compliment!


So if you're this adorable blonde, with great style, and a super cute clutch - I'm glad you found your way to my blog, and Thanks! You really made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Andrea Victory, the girl in the picture. I was thrilled that you stopped me, and so happy I brightened your day. Your blog is lovely, I'll be checking it often.
    Ps: you made my day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! You met Andrea Victory?! She's amazing - a Toronto legend! What a cool chick. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete