Friday, June 4, 2010

Shoe fly

Some days are going to be more difficult than others, simply because of my lack of interaction with people out in the city. Since I took the day off of work today to recover from yesterday's "Wis-doom" (having a wisdom tooth taken out), I've really spent most of the day lounging around the house and eating ice cream. I had to make a conscious effort to get out of the house for some human contact, so I went for a walk.


I had been walking for about 30 minutes, and had started back toward home. I'd smiled at several people, but didn't have anything to really compliment anyone about.




THEN I came across this girl. I'd noticed her and her girlfriends sitting on the grass in front of Tim Hortons, eating their treats and drinking their coffee, but on my way back home, one of them was on my side of the street, trying to cross back to her friends. I stopped and complimented her shoes, which were sky high heels, and looked really adorable with her skinny jeans, flowery top and oversized bag. "Thanks! They were like $30 at Forever 21!" I asked her if she'd mind if I took a picture of her shoes for my blog, and then asked if I could take a picture of her whole outfit because it was really just adorable. She was a little nervous, but definitely appreciated the compliment!




I smiled the rest of the way home, and even got a few smiles and "hello"s back from strangers. Funny that I'd intended to start this to make other people smile, but it's really affecting my state of mind as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment