Friday, June 25, 2010

The Mens




Hello tout le monde
This weekends feature is focused on les mens. I love men's clothing. Love looking at men's shoes, hoodies, suits, all of it. Sometimes I love a men's style so much that i'll change it to suit my lady wardrobe. Hopefully now I do it more adequately than when I was in college. That was...horrific I'm sure. Rugby jerseys, baseball hat (daily) and mens jeans. We'll leave it at that. ahem.

So currently on the European runways is menswear! Sarah Burton has taken over the creative direction of Alexander McQueen, and has made a collection that is surprisingly neutral and subtle. Technique looks spot on, but to compare Lee McQueen's to that of Miss Burton's craftsmanship, its definitely different. I'm ok with different though. The real test will be when she pumps out Women for S/S '11. We're watching you Burton.

**(image courtesy from Huffington Post)

This is Prada. Pretty simple. Minimalist perfection.




Here we have Dolce and Gabbana. Beautiful. I'm aware that few North American men would sport this suit, but we're not all N. American, are we? Some of us are daring. If I was a dude I'd wear this suit as often as event appropriate.


Bottega Veneta. I like this line. Love the fit of the blazer, and the length of the cargo short. Like the models hair. Love that he's somewhat pulled together with his worked in blazer. Makes his beard not so 'bushly' (for all your Anchorman fans).

There are many, many photos and designers that weren't included here. But these were worthy. Menswear shows are continuing across the Fashion capitals so perhaps I'll do a second post with top 10 looks or something. We'll see.
Hope everyone's enjoying the G20! I'm pro-Summitry, or at least I was until last night when i tried to order food to my doorstep and got firmly rejected because roads were closed... DOWNTOWN! How is that possible? I had to actually make dinner. Geez, like I was prepared for that kind of task. ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!
xo

**(all images courtesy of thesartorialist.com unless otherwise stated)

No comments:

Post a Comment